Last modified: November 18, 2021
At Afternoon Light, LLC (“Afternoon Light” or “We”) we respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. We understand that you care about how information about you is collected, used, and shared. Keeping you informed about the data we collect and the choices you may have regarding your information is our top priority.
This policy applies to information we collect:
On this Website.
In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
It does not apply to information collected by:
Us offline or through any other means; or
Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content that may be accessible on the Website.
It is our goal to be transparent about the use of your information so please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of this Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, and other online identifiers. Our website also automatically collects certain information about its users, including information about your use of our Website, your internet connection, the device you use to visit our Website, features that you access on the Website, and other usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, for example, when you place an order through our Website, correspond with a member of Afternoon Light, register as a user of our Website, or create a registry.
- When you sign into the Website using Facebook or Google. Please note that the information your Facebook or Google account shares with our Website will depend on your privacy settings.
- Automatically as you navigate through and interact with the Website or our correspondence.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our emails, interacting with any content posted on the Website including commenting on a video or reviewing a product, or requesting further services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- To see if you have accessed our emails.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests and to direct you to content you made be interested in.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection include, but are not limited to:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Google Analytics. We use “Google Analytics” to collect information about the usage of our Website. This service collects information about how often users visit our Website, what pages they visit and when they visit, as well as what other websites they used prior to landing on our Website, among other additional information. We use this information to improve of Website and our services. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with Personal Information.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
Personal Information from other Sources
We may also collect information from certain other sources including the following:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Our data analytics partners.
Third-Party Use of Tracking Technologies
We do not control any third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to present and modify our Website and its contents, to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, to process your orders and facilitate shipment, to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, and in any way we may have described when you provided the information or for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about products, content, or services that we offer, and we think that you might be interested in. If you which to opt-out of this type of correspondence, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information below.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may also disclose your personal information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets.
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with or participate in any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Afternoon Light, our customers, or others.
We may disclose aggregated information that does not identify any individual without restriction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Marketing Emails from Afternoon Light. Afternoon Light may send you emails on occasion which provide details about products, featured content on the Website, discounts, sales, or other promotions. You may opt out of receiving these messages at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking “UNSUBSCRIBE” at the bottom of any marketing email you receive. Please note that your opt out does not apply to other correspondence you receive from us such as a purchase receipt or shipping confirmation.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. These third parties, however, may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to email@example.com. Please note, however, we do not currently sell data triggering that statute's opt-out requirements.
We have implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure or free of error. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, there are security and privacy limitations of the Internet which are beyond our control. Accordingly, any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
European Economic Area